Preparing your own meals has wide-ranging health benefits that can nourish both your appetite and your soul. It brings you face-to-face with the many culinary wonders the world has to offer and is a fantastic way to creatively relax and practice well-being. It’s also the perfect opportunity to bring people together over the sharing of a communal meal.
You can take this one step further by incorporating CBD into your routine. CBD oil blends effortlessly into both sweet and savory dishes, and you can experiment with CBD tinctures while putting a new spin on old favorites.
If you’re new to exploring the culinary side of CBD, start small – you can make half batches so you don’t waste oil. Use less-refined oils when you’re cooking with strong flavors so you don’t mask the taste. And remember to cook at low temperatures so you preserve the oil’s benefits.
Check out these five fun, healthy recipes that incorporate CBD into your diet:
Avocados are packed with anti-inflammatory benefits that are great for your heart health, and adding CBD oil is a great way to take this favorite Mexican dip to a whole new level.
- 3 ripe avocados, halved and pitted with peel removed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ jalapeno, minced
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 5 ML CBD tincture (about a ½ a dropper full)
- Place avocado in a bowl and mash using a fork.
- Add salt, cumin, cayenne, garlic, cilantro, onion, tomatoes, jalapeno, lime juice, and CBD oil. Stir to combine.
- Lay plastic wrap directly on the surface of the fresh guacamole and sit at room temp for 2 hours before serving.
CBD Pesto Pasta
Go fabulously green with this incredible pesto pasta infused with CBD oil.
- 2 cups of fresh basil leaves
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ½ cup pine nuts
- ¾ cup of finely grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup of olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 1 pound bucatini spaghetti (or your favorite noodle)
- 5 ML CBD tincture (about a ½ a dropper full)
- Cook the spaghetti or other pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water according to package directions or al dente. Drain the pasta and reserve 1 cup of the cooking water.
- While pasta is cooking, add the chopped garlic, pine nuts, and finely grated parmesan cheese to a food processor and process until smooth. Add basil and pulse a few times until you achieve a coarse paste.
- Drizzle olive and CBD oil into the processor as it runs until emulsified.
- Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, squeeze some lemon juice, and process again until combined. Taste for seasoning and adjust to your liking.
- Toss the hot pasta with the pesto in a large bowl and add reserved cooking water ¼ cup at a time or until saucy.
- Top with tomatoes and season with salt and pepper if desired and garnish with parmesan cheese.
CBD Tomato Vinaigrette
Tomato vinaigrette is a perfect accent to any BBQ-focused dish, and makes an especially mean salad topping. Add CBD to your olive oil and kick this crowd-pleaser up a notch!
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup CBD-infused olive oil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place regular olive oil and tomatoes in a cold, large saute pan and heat the pan to medium-high. Allow tomatoes to get some color.
- Turn off heat once they’re blistered and allow them to get to room temperature. When they’ve cooled, place them in a blender bucket with red wine vinegar and puree.
- Add mustard and slowly drizzle CBD infused olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
CBD Soda Bread
Dried fruit makes this delicious soda bread an incredible compliment to your favorite cheese (try asiago or gorgonzola), or simply as a stand-alone afternoon snack. It’s great for your next dinner get-together as well!
- 2 cups ½ organic unbleached all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup organic quick oats
- ⅓ cup raw shelled hemp seeds
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons CBD oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup chopped dried cherries
- ½ cup chopped dried figs
- 1 teaspoon raw shelled hemp seeds
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, oats, ⅓ cup hemp, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, CBD tincture, and egg. Pour over flour mixture and stir until dough appears ragged.
- Add in figs and cherries, stirring well until mixed.
- Turn dough onto floured work surface. Knead once or twice and form into a ball. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle top with 1 teaspoon hemp and press into dough, flattening into 7-inch round. Mark top with shallow 4-inch long “x” using a sharp knife.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the bread is deep golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Let cool on rack 30 minutes before slicing.
CBD Superfood Bars
These superfood bars are a fantastic way to energize with your daily dose of protein while still staying lean and healthy. These are a great snack morning or afternoon snack!
- 1 cup chocolate protein powder
- 1 cup mixed nuts and seeds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- 25g dark chocolate, chopped
- 20 dates, chopped
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon nut butter
- 5 ML CBD tincture
- ¼ cup water
- Line a dish with greaseproof paper.
- Combine chocolate protein powder, chia seeds, hemp seeds, mixed nuts and seeds, cinnamon and dark chocolate in a food processor and mix for ten seconds. Don’t blend too long so as to preserve the crispiness and chunkiness. Set aside.
- Add dates, coconut oil, nut butter, CBD oil, and water to blender and mix until combined fully. If mixture is too stiff, add more water gradually to liquefy.
- Combine the wet mix with the previous mixture in a large bowl, and combine well.
- Pour the mix into your dish and spread evenly. Think about how thick you want the bars to be, as it won’t rise or change in size. You can use a flat utensil to smoothen out the top. You can also add more nuts and seeds to the top as a bit of a garnish.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours and then chop into bars when it is solidified.
We hope you enjoy exploring our CBD oil with these recipes that are sure to keep you and your guests coming back for more!
Enjoy, and happy cooking!